Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Hey Everyone!

THIS WEEK WAS 100% NUTS. The hospital we use for emergencies is in Lima, and we had to bring a missionary up from Chincha on emergency. This happened while we were outside of the office. We were in migrations extending carnéts de extranjeria and we were going to be there for another hour. When we do the legal stuff we always use cartas poderes, or the missionary signs their right so we can extend it for them.  Then we get them legalized and we go. This time we forgot to legalize one, so we had to call the missionary from his area to come to migrations ASAP. Turns out he was in the temple, and he had just got out. It was a tender miracle because the temple is way closer to his area so he was able to get to us way faster. At the same time I was calling the mission insurance to coordinate paying for the medical emergency (venomous spider bite). Basically I was calling the United States from my cell phone. Every missionary has a unique medical insurance number, and since I was outside of the office I didn´t have it, and they always ask for it. However, this time they didn´t! That was an amazing tender miracle! Everything was able to work out. Later the same day, I had to go to a medical appointment with a different Elder. While we were in the waiting room, the hospital held a fire drill hahaha. At first I was a little annoyed and then I realized this would be an awesome experience to write in my weekly letter. So we made the most of it and contacted a nice man while we were waiting outside. By the way, the Mission President and his wife were in Ayacucho.  Completely on the other side of the mission with very little phone signal, but somehow, everything got communicated exactly the way it needed to be. What a tender mercy. In the taxi back to the office, the driver turned out to be a less active man for 30+ years. The spirit was SO powerful as we told him the Lord still has plans for him and his family. It was one of the moments where I have been most direct in my mission, and I could feel that the spirit was touching his heart. 

I probably should mention that the assistants were also with President on the other side of the mission, and the other secretaries were down way south inspecting houses, so just me and my companion had to coordinate everything.

That´s just your average day in the mission :D

What a miracle it is on how clearly the Savior guides the boat. My testimony honestly grew so much, and I was so grateful and humbled by divine help.


Also here is the picture of us eating 10 pizzas from last week. Somehow didn´t gain any weight from it.


Have a wonderful week.
ELDER MACGREGOR
Misión Perú Lima Sur
ALSO I FOUND A GIANT COCKROACH  IN THE BATHROOM AND I HAD TO TAKE A PICTURE OF IT
Secretario Personal del Presidente

Secretario de Salud

No comments:

Post a Comment