Monday, August 14, 2017

Hello everyone!

On Wednesday we went to the Area Offices for training and it is always fun to see missionaries from other missions (Also Elder Godoy from the Seventy works there, we didn´t get to see him but I bet he was upstairs somewhere¨). Afterwords we got to each lunch at the PerĂº MTC were I was almost a year ago. We also met a surprise friend at lunch, Ex Elder Sosa! I was grabbing some salad and then I turned around and there he was! He was my first zone leader and it was incredible to see him again. I actually had been praying to get the chance to see an old friend, knowing we would get the chance to pass the by the MTC. I had been thinking of my old MTC teacher Hermano Palacios, but God did me one better and there was Hermano Sosa. He is a teacher at the MTC and we talked all during lunch it was great. It was so funny to think that just 6 months ago he had been in the exact same place were I was. 

The following day was a lot less than exciting. One Elder from Ica came up to go to the clinic. The appointment was at 5pm, but they told us the doctor was operating, and wouldn´t attend until 6:30pm. So we waited and waited and waited. At 9:30pm he was still operating and then the secretary came out and said he wouldn´t be attending anymore. We did some contacting while waiting, but us and 7 other patients waiting had lost their entire day waiting. He decided he would like to go back to Ica and just cancel the appointment. It was 4 hours of my mission and my life I may never get back. But not all of life is perfect that´s just how it is.

This week we went to ancient ruins for pday. It was by Pachacamac, where I started my mission. It was a school where people studied about God and worshiped. Turns out, they weren´t allowed to start studying until they were 8 years old (wink wink), there was also a font that had been most likely used for ceremonies (baptismal font). I took a few pictures that are attached, and one obvious Book of Mormon clue. Here is were the descendants of Lehi and Nephi live, so it only makes perfect sense. 

Finally, after almost a year in PerĂº I finally got a picture with a llama. As you can see we got along quite well. I have seen enough youtube videos to know he was about to spit, so I jumped when he got close hahaha. However he was just playing. He got me good.

I know God lives. Jesus Christ is His Son, and our brother. Prayer and faith pay off, it just takes patience. Sometimes a LOT. but if you are praying to have patience wouldn´t it make sense you have to wait for it?

Elder MacGregor




No comments:

Post a Comment