Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Hey everyone!
This week has been a bruiser. I am exhausted. I don´t understand how people can live life and not just be tired all the time because for sure I can´t do it. I have a miracle to share.
This past Sunday we found another investigator, Joan. We were teaching a lesson in the office and he walked right in and asked to know more about our church. We changed the lesson to focus on him and his needs. He is very timid and doesn´t talk too much. Towards the end of the lesson he explained how he came to enter the chapel. He had a job interview at a burger joint and passed by the chapel. He saw it was closed, but it drew his attention, and he wanted to come back. A day later he had a dream where he saw the chapel, and he knew he wanted to come back. He got lost looking for it, but when he found it he noticed the door was open. Immediately he felt immense fear to enter. He imagine seeing dogs coming out to bite him or a guard with a gun telling him to move along. However, he decided that the worse that would happen is that he would get bit or that he would get told to move along, both of which he was okay with. It was very interesting to see the ends Satan will go to to keep people from obtaining the truth. We gave him a Book of Mormon and committed him to read Alma 34. When he came back on Thursday he said that when he was reading he felt the desire to keep reading. That was when he told us that he had read something that had changed his life forever. He wasn´t willing to tell us, as it was very personal, but I have seen firsthand the power of the Book of Mormon. 

The power of the Book of Mormon is real. I have seen it first hand.
I have been working on making commitments to investigators as a missionary. I actually have been practicing as a health secretary.
¨okay Elder -------- I would recommend you take ibuprofen and water.
¨okay¨
¨Elder -------, will you take ibuprofen and water for the next hour?¨
¨yes, I will¨
¨I promise you will feel a lot better, and that the pain in your legs will go away as you do these things¨
¨Thanks Elder MacGregor¨

It may not translate 100% but I always try to be a missionary in whatever way I can.

I hope everyone is excited for the eclipse this week. While you are watching it, I invite you to imagine this scripture ¨all things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator.¨- Alma 30:44

I know God created the Earth for us to bless us. And what a blessing it is.

ELDER MACGREGOR
Misión Perú Lima Sur
THE BOOK IS BLUE, THE CHURCH IS TRUE!
ALSO WE DID MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING ON THE BEACH BUT I DON´T HAVE THE PICTURES TO PROVE IT!
Secretario Personal del Presidente

Secretario de Salud

No comments:

Post a Comment