Monday, December 4, 2017

Hey everyone!

This week has been a week for the Pioneers! That is to say we walked and walked and walked and walked. But I still stand by my statement that a mission is way easier than tubing upstream on a river. I hope the young men still aren`t doing activities like that. Maybe a 50 mile hike uphill both ways should be the next activity.

I had a eye opening experience this past week. During a large part of my mission, I have always thought ``burning`` people with the scriptures was a lot of fun. Someone would say somehting or a misionary would do something, I open my scriptures and BAM wickedness destroyed! I always loved the sound of my triple opening up because I would always know someone was about to get it.

That changed this past week.

We met a young girl, 22 years old with a son of 2 years. Her partner had left her, her mother had left her, and she was about to get kicked out of her apartment. No job, no income to care for her son, and she has been sick this past week so she had not even food to eat that night. The only thing she knew is that she believed in God. I remember opening my scriptures, it was the same sound of the pages, normally signalling that someone was about to get burned, but this time the objective was 100% different. 

I was searching for a scripture to give this girl hope.  

Ether 12:4 ``Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might withsurety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the righthand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh ananchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.``





``whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world``

If you belive in God, you have the surety. The 100% chance surety, that things will be better. In spanish it comes across as you have the right to hope for a better world.
Part of believing in God includes believing that the situation will improve, no matter what the situation is. By believing in God you can be without a doubt that things will be better and it will all work out.

There is an indescribable joy that comes from giving hope. I testify that it is much more rewarding to give hope rather than burn. Much more rewarding. I invite you all to search fro a scripture that could give hope into someone else`s life.

Elder MacGregor
PS I hope everyone is #lighttheworld everything


#lighttheworld 

No comments:

Post a Comment