Monday, October 22, 2018

Hola Padre!

 Things here have really been speeding up. I can talk a lot about spiritual things and do the lessons in Spanish *though not without lots of uhhs and umms.) but they don't really do anything about how to operate in the "real world" (AKA I still don't know the words for food and whatnot). I think they may start teaching us that though. It hasn't rained that much either since that Giant storm. It apperantly flooded the Gordon B Hinkley auditorium, so that's something.

Actually the days here are starting to blend together after week 1. When people say "Just get to Sunday" they really mean it. Now the days are flying by. I can't think of anything to put in my journal sometimes. I guess I have to find the Lord in more places haha.

If there are some typos in here, it isn't because my English is slipping. The computers here don't act like the way they do at home, where you can add letters in a word. Here they delete the letter after, and I don't want to retype whole paragraphs :V

I've sent some photos as well. Some show the Temple here (angel moroni is actually holding the gold plates at the Ciudad de Mexico temple, only 1 of 5 in the world), others the crazy closeness of drivers, others just of living quarters and my district. My companion is the tallest one, Elder McDaniel. Actually my district had a MacGregor, a McDaniel, a McDonald, and a McGuire, so when the teachers want to write up "Elder so and so" on the board they just put "Elder Mc..." It's pretty funny to us. *In the photo of the 3 guys in our room, the one sitting is my Companion and the one on the right is McDonald.






Finally, I just wanted to confirm Ian's assertion that pokemon is huge here in Latin America. Our spanish workbooks are three red books, so everyone here calls them Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard depending on the size.

I know the Lord is blessing you all, and that he loves you. Don't worry about the struggles you have now, because the lord will provide when needed.


GM

No comments:

Post a Comment