Monday, October 15, 2018

Hola!

This week has been absolutely crazy. I finally figured out my companion for the six weeks here and he is great. The other companionship in my room are amazing as well, and I would send pictures but I'm not allowed to until my P-day.Yes today is Friday, but my actual p-days are Thursdays starting next week (sorry if I didn't mention that!)

The weather down here is crazy though. I\m not sure if they mentioned it in the videos you talked about but I swear the CCM has sudden storms almost every day. Once when we were walking to the cafeteria for dinner, the roads were quite literally rivers, an I got my first pair of wet socks. Sorry mom, but I had to pull out my second bag to get my raincoat- so much for *wait half a year* plan!

Learning Spanish hasn't actually been as difficult as I would have thought. I can definitely feel the Lord's influence as I study. I definitely am not the best, but that doesn't matter as I know that I will know what to say when the time comes. Just as in all things, the Lord provides opportunities for us to grow in many ways. My companion has been struggling for a day or so and I have had plenty of chances to help him remember words or phrases.

Finally, Ian was right about the Connor McGregor thing. All of the Latinos and Latinas (native Latin American Missionaries) here read my name and immediately ask if I'm related. Don't worry though, he's my uncle and will beat you up if you make fun of my Spanglish.

That's all for now, I'll write on Thursday. I still haven't lost anything yet either, Keegan.

Love you all

GM

No comments:

Post a Comment