Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Hey I hope everyone had a good week!

This coming week we have a baptism! Her name is Daniela and she is truly amazing. She has had a lot of trials, but has understood and felt the peace that the Savior offers her, even if it is only internal.

We also found a lot of investigators through member referrals. David has a cousin who is a very active member of the church. We began teaching him and he seemed interested in the idea of living apostles and prophets. I sat next to him in sacrament meeting, and am about to do the same tomorrow.

I haven´t gotten the chance to comment on how much Barranco (the part of Lima where I am) is a lot like Portland. There are a ton of paintings and white people. Lot´s of people from Europe. It´s always a surprise when you go to contact in english and you get a response in German or Russian.

Also I was reminded this week how important it is to listen to the spirit, even in nonspiritual topics such as health. I can definitely say it has guided me for the most part, but I will share a time when I definitely didn´t listen.

We went to contact a nice couple with a child in their stroller, they were leaving Makro (big super market, basically Costco)
I go to contact, ´´Hi we are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we share a message about families, how long have you two been together?´´
She responds, ´´oh, he isn´t my husband, he is my son.´´
                     ´´Oh, sorry, but how long have you been together with your husband?´´
                     ´´ We are divorced.´´
                     ´´Oh, I´m sorry, but at least you have two wonderful children.´´
                     ´´No only one, he is my only son.´´
I look at the stroller and found that it does not contain a second child, but groceries they bought from the super market.
I continue,      ´´oh, I´m sorry, what is your name?´´
                     ´´Kathy´´
I signal to my companion that I have lost all hope in this street contact and that he needs to take over ASAP.

So........ listen to the spirit everyone.

Anyway a major crisis this week is that the financial secretary forgot to pay our water bill, so even though we live in one of the nicest houses in the mission we don´t have any water for a week. How ironic and humbling.

I want to share a thought I read on LDS.org during personal study. Alma 14:13. Here Alma and Amulek were forced to watched the burning of innocent believers of Christ and His Gospel. Amulek then asked if they would be burned as well, ´´And Alma said: Be it according to the will of the Lord. But, behold, our work is not finished; therefore they burn us not.´´

I love the phrase, our work is not finished. No matter your ups or your downs, or whatever situation you are in right now. You are still here. Like Alma and Amulek, your work is not finished.

Misión Perú Lima Sur
ITS IRONIC HOW AS HEALTH SECRETARY, I HAVE EATEN MORE JUNK FOOD THAN ANY OTHER TIME IN THE MISSION.
IF EVER ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY JUST PASS A STREET CONTACT TO YOUR COMPANION
ALSO EVERYBODY WISH AIDEN MACGREGOR A HAPPY BIRTHDAY (HE TURNS 14 TODAY)
Secretario Personal del Presidente
Secretario de Salud



No comments:

Post a Comment