Sunday, May 21, 2017


What I have learned as a missionary so far:
  1. I have learned how serious of a deal the temple is. In the US we often take the temple for granted because there are so many of them. It truly is a sacred place that we need to always treasure. Here when someone is endowed it is a SERIOUS deal, because not every member gets endowed. Here it is a day trip to the temple, and you can physically feel the difference between seeing the Lima temple in pictures and just being on the grounds.
  2. I have learned the power of the Book of Mormon. I read it in the morning in English and at night in Spanish every day. I am in two different parts. No matter in what language or where I am reading what I read is exactly what I need to hear in the moment.
  3. The biggest revelation I received in my first area was that we are all members of the family of God. Being with these people here makes me want to keep the commandments because I want to live with them again, and I realize that I want to live with my own family, now and forever. 4 months later Elder Eyring would talk about this in general conference.
  4. I have learned that when you open your mission call and it says PerĂº Lima Sur you should have prepared to help sick missionaries go to the hospital. You should also prepare to receive calls from missionaries who are not really even sick.
  5. It is hard to be the ´´mission mom,¨ and care for missionaries who can be whiney. But I am not complaining because I am 100% sure it is worse to be a MacGregor mom and deal with future missionaries who are always whiney.
  6. Despite how many times you tell them, Peruvian still think that if you have blond hair you paint it.
  7. When your last name is MacGregor, every asks if you know about pants that have the same name.
  8. It is always a treat to accidentally skype your brother during Priests quorum.
I will end this week with an amazing quote I found this week. I don´t have it exactly, but here is the idea.

The idea of mercy is that it is the by definition, unfair. Those who receive mercy receive it unfairly, and those who give it give it unfairly. What a blessing it is that the Savior loves us unfairly.

Elder MacGregor 


No comments:

Post a Comment