Tuesday, December 25, 2018


Well, was church only an hour every sunday the week of Christmas? Everyone says that is an hour only everywhere but I swear that unless it was christmas day we still had 3 hours.
What is your opinion of the new primary structure? My comp likes the new 2 hour stuff and the come follow me program since it mixes the investigators and news with long time converts instead of having gospel principles and doctrine.

I finally had time to write stuff down before my hour at the computer, so here are some stories from the 1st month in Chile.
First, I want to write about some of the great experiences that happen on interchanges. I was able to go to another region of the mission for my first interchange, and some of the weirdest but amazing things happened. One family that we passed by while tracking just straight up invited us in and received most of lesson 1 right then and there. They really liked it, and we gave them a book of mormon. As far as I know, they are progressing well and might be the first baptism for the new year in the sector. You can really tell that some people are chosen and prepared by god to receive the gospel. 
Our first baptism, Juan, also got to recently go to the temple to baptize members of his family. You could tell that he was nervous but loved the experience at the same time.
And now, for a funny experience when my companion nearly got run over by an ambulance. One of our investigator's jobs is to make sure that a hospital garage is not broken into at night. He actually gets to drive ambualnces even without a license. One day, the garage door busted open while me and Elder Lewis were nearby. 
So, we helped him take off the door to put it back on the rail it busted off of. Then, an ambulance in neutral just comes out and stops in the middle of the street. It nearly ran my comp over. So, we put the door back on, open it, and drive the ambulance to the other side to the street. But, as it turns out, our investigator doesn{t even know how to put cars in reverse. So, he put it in neutral and had us push the ambualnce back into traffic. Then, he guns the car back into the garage and busts the mirror on the door, so we had to fix the door AGAIN. But, in the end everything worked out, so it was great.  
--

Elder MacGregor

No comments:

Post a Comment