Monday, October 30, 2017




Here in Lima they do Halloween! also this time of year is a catholic holliday i think so everyone carries a statue in the street and praise the ``Lord of miracles.`` It happened last year this time of year as well. lots of catholics here, and lots of Apostsasy.
This morning we went for a hike. We went to the biggest hill in all of Lima. Mom we were literally above the clouds. It was insane. 
This week my companion and I were fasting to find new investigators and put new batismal dates. Instead, our phone stopped receiving signal. Our appointments fell through, and the bishop was unable to meet with us as we had planned. I was really upset that day. 
However, what was interesting was the next day. Literally nothing had changed. We were dealing with the same circumstances,but my attitude changed. I suddenly felt a lot happier, and I was a lot more excited to talk ot people in the street. 

The fast did not change my circumstances, it changed me. 
God did not solve all my problems, but he gave me energy to work and prepared the way so that we could solve them. We were able to find investigators and invite several to be baptized. I know it was because my attitude changed. Because of that change, the circumstances changed. 

That has been another powerful lesson I have learned here on the mission. God does not change the circumstances, he changes the people and they change their own circumstances, using the way he prepared.

I think an Apostle said somethign simliar to that once, I like it and it wasa good lesson for me.

You can just copy and paste the email for the group, I would like them all to learn that lesson.

There is a real power in fasting.


Elder MacGregor

No comments:

Post a Comment